Thirty-Six Ways to Self-Care According to our Members
We’ve always had trouble with self-care. Don’t get us wrong, we love a good massage but finding the time for it? Forget about it. In full-disclosure, we also have a hard time even relaxing during a massage because we’re counting down the minutes until we can get back to work. This is partly because we LOVE what we do (obviously, we’re getting ladies paid!) but we also feel a nagging anxiety that by not working, we’re getting behind. That we’re in this perpetual hamster wheel and if we slow down for even a second, we might get thrown off.
We are fully aware how fucked up this sounds. So we took to social media this week to ask our members how they self-care. Their answers were too good, we had to share.
How to get your self-care on:
- Walking through the city with your Frenchie (really any dog works)
- Listening to music
- Run, Forest! Run!
- Take off your bra, ASAP
- Coziness, at a low cost: making yourself a nice dinner and taking a hot bath
- Five minutes of deep breathing or meditation in the morning
- At home manicures and a face mask
- Eating healthy
- Trip to the museum
- YouTube yoga class
- Add something green to each meal
- Remember, you put the oxygen mask on yourself before you help others!
- Sweet potato fries, courtesy of Chelsea Market
- Cereal (milk, maybe?)
- Look at pictures of the forest
- Oil pull – swish coconut oil in your mouth for 20 minutes because it’s great for your hair, skin, teeth, and life
- Sit in the sunshine
- Plant your feet on the ground, raise your hands in the air, and say, “TODAY is going to be a GREAT day!”
- Avoid anything that makes you feel terrible about yourself
- Go to a cute bookstore, buy a new book, read it
- With or without the blunt: watch Golden Girls, draw, eat something you enjoy
- Take off your makeup and wash your face before bed
- Cold water at the end of showers to close pores, and pat dry, never rub
- Lavender oil on your big toe before bed means a good night’s rest
- Deep conditioning the hair and rigorous exfoliation, once a week
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- Unbutton your pants and breath deeply when stuck in traffic
- Shower beer
- Lights off, horror movie
- Epsom bath salts & lavender oil
- A fitness with a loud, ratchet playlist
- A good cackle fest with girl friends over a bottle of wine or blunt
- Binge watch TV
- Bike ride to a beer on a patio with something to read, making my best attempt to avoid social media for a few minutes.